Turning Pinterest Traffic into Residual Cashflow

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pinterest for Scrapbooking


Pinterest for Scrapbooking

mashable.com

Expert Author Lain Ehmann
Can you picture an online bulletin board where you consolidate images from around the web in a single spot? Now imagine you get an unlimited number of boards that you can name and organize however you like. And what if you could share those boards with other people, check what your friends pin to their boards, and comment and share images you like? Wouldn't that be awesome?
Well, that's Pinterest!
Not only can you pin things you find, you can also RE-pin things other people find. It opens up a whole world of connecting and getting inspired via images. Very cool for visual-types like us scrapbookers, eh?
Here are some of my favorite ways to use Pinterst for scrapbooking:
1. A single place to hold all my online inspiration. Instead of having to jump from blog to blog to website to gallery to Flickr and back again, I can hold all my online images in one spot. Every card, every layout, every mini-album can be in one convenient spot. And yes, I can tag them so they're searchable, or create separate boards for each sub-category. Hurray!
2. A great way to track color inspiration. I love finding unique and unusual color combos, from paint swatches to fabrics. I pin these all to a single board I call "Color Inspiration." When I'm feeling dry or tired of the same old colors, I can take a quick glance through my pinned inspiration and find something to jumpstart my creative juices.
3. An interactive wish list. How often do you cruise about the web and encounter something you'd like to purchase at a future time (or like your spouse to purchase for you?). Not EVERYTHING in the world is at Amazon. Now you can create a visual wish list you can share with friends and family, or use to treat yourself when your tax return comes. Eat your heart out, Oprah's Favorite Things!
4. A list of "To Do" items. I've got more tutorials and craft ideas than I could ever complete, even if I were to retire tomorrow. Saving them as browser bookmarks or printing them out and filing them isn't very efficient, but saving them on a Pinterest board is PERFECT. When I have some time, I can peruse my board and pick out a tutorial to try. I can even upload my version of the craft to the same board, or delete the pin entirely after I complete it.
5. A way to track trends. On Pinterest, you can get a running feed of everything that everyone in the whole Pinterest world is pinning. When you do this, you can easily spy trends, commonalities, and inspiration as it jumps from one medium (say, graphic design) to another (like fabric or clothing). I use Pinterest to keep ahead of scrapbooking trends.
If you'd like a 15-page FREE report on how to use Pinterest for Scrapbookers, visit my blog. While you're there, sign up my newsletter athttp://www.getscraphappy.com. Through scrapbooking videos, tutorials, projects and inspiration, I help women make their scrapbooking simple, fast and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment